If you’re a Netflix viewer like me, you’ve got a number of items in your “My List” (that’s mine at right) that you’ll either won’t have the time to watch any time soon or you won’t end up watching at all. The more you use Netflix, the bigger that list can grow…quickly.
Thanks to being a member of the Netflix Stream Team, they’ve decided to help me go on a “diet” when it comes to my list so that I can drop some of those “show pounds”. Yes…it’s a bit silly, but I think this infographic of eight resolutions may be some I can actually KEEP this year!
1. Okay…so Lost is on Netflix?? I can’t tell you how awesome I think that is. There are so many questions I have about the series that I feel I need to watch them again so I can truly understand the final season.
2. I watched the first season of Daredevil with a bit of hesitation, but was pleasantly surprised at just how much fun it was. I can’t wait for the second season to come out later in 2016!
3. I remember binge-watching the entire first season of Heroes when it first came out on television. I’ll be completely honest…I wouldn’t really recommend any season after that, but if you want a fantastically original and character-driven show that just happens to be about superheroes, then THIS is the show for you. Binge-watch the first season (“Save the cheerleader…save the world.”) and you can thank me for it later.
4. My wife and I already finished binge-watching the entire 10-season run of Friends last year, but we’ve both agreed that it’s appropriate for our kids to watch so we’ll be introducing the show to them this year.
5. I am one of those guys who has only seen a few episodes of Family Guy but never really dove into it. Any time I saw it on television, I usually laughed at what I saw…but I just never went looking for it on a regular basis. I will GLADLY give it a second look on Netflix.
6. I introduced my wife to Fringe a few weeks ago and, while she didn’t care for it, I got hooked and am looking forward to completing the series in 2016.
7. I really don’t know anything about Bloodline. Hmm…I should look into this one.
8. I watched Jessica Jones and was instantly hooked. This show is so awesome I immediately told my wife that she’d probably like it, so we’re about 4 or 5 episodes into the season. I’m still loving it…she’s a bit hesitant…but I think it was one of the best shows of 2015. Excellent characters and storytelling.
In terms of what I am REALLY wanting to watch on Netflix this year, I’ve been able to narrow it down to a few based on suggestions for the #StreamTeam:
This one will be pretty easy because the family is already watching this together. I believe we’re into the second season now and it’s a show that, while a bit risqué for the younger set, is hilariously funny. I can’t believe that for all of the years it was on television that my wife and I never gave it a second glance.
I can’t lie…I’m already caught-up on this one. The worst part right now is waiting until June before the new season drops so that my wife and I can binge-watch the entire season in under a week before rolling our eyes and complaining about having to wait an entire freakin’ year before we can see more new episodes.
I’m the only zombie fan in the house, so this one is all on me. I’m actually completely caught-up with the current season of the show, but I’m such a massive fan that I love watching the old episodes, as well. Right now the group is at the farmhouse, and I think binge-watching the rest of the episodes through the summer until the next season starts might be the only way to satisfy my Walking Dead cravings.
I remember being SUPER excited to hear that the X-Files were coming back for a 6-episode limited edition run (starting on January 26th!!). But then I had a difficult time trying to remember just what took place that led us to now. I used to watch the show religiously and even watched the two movies, but it’s been awhile and I have to admit that I don’t remember how the show ended. I think I now have to watch every episode so I can get back into the swing of things and remember just why this show was so awesome to begin with.
I’ve always enjoyed political dramas and have heard a lot of good things about this show and Kevin Spacey’s performance. I promise to give this a shot in 2016.
So what shows are YOU looking forward to watching in 2016? Anything you plan to take off of YOUR “My List”?