As October 23rd fast approaches, the millions of The Walking Dead fans are getting more and more excited. Why? Well it’s the debut episode of Season 7, of course!! And we’ll finally get the answer to the question we’ve all been asking ourselves: Who does Negan kill??
I’ve got my theories, but I’m not going to discuss them today. Instead, I’m going to happily let you know that Netflix now has every episode from Season 6 available for you to binge-watch this week!!
Netflix members around the world are making their own rules when it comes to watching TV. Instead of one episode per week, Netflix members choose to binge watch their way through a series – that is, on average, finishing an entire season in one week. Though binge watching is clearly the new normal, not all series are enjoyed the same way. Netflix recently unveiled The Binge Scale, revealing which shows we devour and which we savor.
Netflix examined the global viewing of more than 100 serialized TV series across more than 190 countries and found that when members are focused on finishing a series, they watch a little over two hours a day to complete a season. As you can imagine, some very interesting trends and patterns can emerge from this data.
- Series like Stranger Things grab you, assault your senses, and make it hard to pull away.
- The classic elements of horror and thrillers go straight for the gut, pushing the placement of series like The Walking Dead the devour end of the scale.
- Likewise, comedies with a dramatic bent, like Orange is the New Black, seem to tickle our fancy and make it easy to say ‘just one more.’
- Complex narratives like House of Cards are indulged at an unhurried pace.
- Viewers take care to appreciate the details of dramas set in bygone eras, like Mad Men.
So if you’re anything like me, you’ll be devouring Season 6 of The Walking Dead in an effort to (a) remember a really great season, and (b) mentally prepare yourself for the “shock and awe” that is inevitably going to come from the Season 7 premiere this weekend.
And if you happen to be one of “those people” that don’t have Netflix, what in the world are you waiting for? There is so much for you to watch and re-watch that I just can’t see how it’s possible to NOT find something you’ll like.
But if you are someone that has Netflix, what shows are on YOUR Binge Scale? For me, the list over the past few months has included…
- The Walking Dead (duh!)
- House of Lies
- Bob Ross: Beauty Is Everywhere (seriously!)
- House of Cards
- Stranger Things (you HAVE to watch this!!)
- Luke Cage
- Making a Murderer
My only problem is that there never seems enough time for me to watch everything I want to, as I still haven’t finished five of the series listed above! That’s okay, though…The Walking Dead with get a thorough binge watch from me this week!