Normally I find myself having a difficult time trying to find topics to blog about. Today, though, I’ve got three separate topics that could each be a post…but I think I’ll combine them into one just because I need to get these ramblings out of my head!
1. My fantasy football team blew chunks this past weekend. Okay…that’s a bit harsh, but I was really disappointed in the stats from some of my players. I mean, the Eagles have had no defense all year long but all of a sudden they shut down a potent Dallas offense?? Miles Austin (again) got horrible numbers. Not only that, but all of my running backs totally under-performed this weekend.
Darren Sproles has been a great sleeper pick for me, but he had a rough time against the pitiful Rams (as did the entire Saints team, apparently). Ahmad Bradshaw had a difficult time against the woeful Dolphins. And honestly…Bernard Scott performed as well as I expected for a one-week fill-in for Cedric Benson against a tough-against-the-run Seattle team.
Tom Brady…well, I don’t know what to say about Brady. It seems that ever since he cut his hair, his performance has gone downhill fast. He needs to pick it up and deliver like he did at the beginning of the season.
Thank goodness for my Detroit pick-up. They did exactly what I hoped they would do while my Jets were on a bye. In fact, if it wasn’t for them this weekend wouldn’t have at least been as respectable as it ended up being.
2. I got to take my son out for Halloween. I wanted The Ex to bring Ankle Biter over my place so I could see him dressed-up for Halloween. Turns out that she wasn’t going to be able to get off work early enough to make it happen. So she asked me if I wanted to come with them trick-or-treating.
I really wanted to see Ankle Biter and the thought of being with him on Halloween night seemed like fun. So I showed up just as he was dressed and ready to hit some houses. The Ex and I get along pretty decently 99% of the time, and this was a fun experience…watching him go from house to house and getting excited about the candy. Mind you, he was done after about 10 houses…but that was fine. I got to experience trick-or-treating with him and he really enjoyed having the both of us there.
I think this may become a tradition for the next few years…both parents taking him out for Halloween. As long as we can continue to get along, this should be a regular event.
Oh…and Ankle Biter was Bumblebee for the night. He couldn’t have been more excited.
3. I’m participating in Movember this year. I had thought about doing it in previous years, but didn’t know the reasons or rationale behind it all. After reading up on it (and after a suggestion by Sunshine), I decided to do it this year.
But I’m not just about growing a moustache, but also about the message behind it. I have joined “the movement” and will be donating my upper lip to the cause for 30 days. My Mo will spark conversations, and no doubt generate some laughs; all in the name of raising vital awareness and funds the battle against prostate cancer.
So why am I now so passionate about men’s health?
- On average men live 4-5 years less than women
- 1 in 7 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime
- 25,500 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer this year in Canada
I invite you to support me by donating to me http://mobro.co/toddiscanadian
You can even go old school and write a cheque payable to “Movember Canada”, reference my name and Registration Number 1912536 and send it to: Movember Canada, 119 Spadina Avenue, PO Box 65, Toronto, ON M5T 2T2
All donations are tax deductible.
We only have a month to grow Mos and raise awareness and fund, so please come along for the ride. Funds raised will help make a tangible difference to the lives of others. Through the Movember Foundation and their men’s health partner, the Prostate Cancer Canada, Movember is funding world class awareness, research, educational and support programs which would otherwise not be possible.
For more details on how the funds raised from previous campaigns have been used and the impact Movember is having please click on the links below:
Please donate here – http://mobro.co/toddiscanadian
Thank you in advance for helping me change the face of men’s health. Go the Mo!