Here’s the deal…on New Year’s morning I posted a quick little “Happy New Year” post. Sunshine looked at it and noticed that WordPress linked-up to my resolutions from 2010.
So out of curiosity (and because Sunshine kinda snickered at the post), I checked out what I had written a year ago as resolutions for 2010. What I found was that they were EXACTLY the same as my resolutions for THIS year.
Let’s take a look…
1. LOSE WEIGHT. I really thought this one was attainable at the beginning of 2010. In fact, I even participated in a “Biggest Loser” competition at work and was down to 215lbs. As the year went on, though, I gained. And gained. And gained some more. I ended up 2010 at about 237lbs, which is NOT where I want to be.
So here I go again in 2011…wanting to lose weight not only just to look better and feel better about myself, but because I feel I need to do it in order to be healthier overall. My goal is to get back to 215lbs by the summer and hopefully even down to 200lbs by the end of the year. It’s a tall order, but I really feel the need to get it done in 2011.
2. BUY CHRISTMAS GIFTS BEFORE DECEMBER. Ugh. I told myself last year that I absolutely positively needed to be better prepared for the holiday season. You’d think I would have learned my lesson from year after year of waiting until the last minute and then scrambling to find the money to buy what I wanted to buy.
This past Christmas, unfortunately, was no different. BAH!! I absolutely NEED to start buying gifts at different points throughout the year. I hate getting caught short-handed.
3. READ A BOOK. It’s funny…the book I wanted to read last year is the one I want to finish reading this year. Christmas 2009 saw Sunshine give me Dan Brown’s “The Lost Symbol”. I had every intention of reading it but I’m only about a quarter of the way through it as of today. And what’s worse….I actually LIKE the book!! I’ll get ‘er done this year. Guaranteed.
4. OPEN A SAVINGS ACCOUNT. Now this one was an idea last year where I wanted to start saving up money on my own. Where that’s probably not going to happen this year, what I’d like to do is open a savings account with Sunshine (it’s something we’ve discussed in the past). That way we could both put some money aside for a trip sometime in 2011. Which brings me to…
5. TAKE A TRIP WITH SUNSHINE. We actually got to go on a couple of trips last year so I was happy to have followed-through on this resolution in 2010. But the hope is to do another trip (or two) in 2011. It’s nice to be able to get away together…regardless of where it is.
Well…these are the resolutions that I feel are legitimately possible for 2011.