– Rugrat arrived on December 21st and stayed through until January 5th. She helped me realize that I’ve got a lot of work to do in the “parenting” department. Not that I’m a bad parent or anything, but it was difficult to adjust to a pre-teen’s personality 24/7 when I was only used to a 3 year old’s personality a few times each week. Still…I loved the visit and was sad to see her go.
– I tried some peanut-butter pizza. I gotta say it was a LOT better than you would think.
– My annual karaoke work performance was captured on film. Y’see, for three years in a row I’ve done “Baby Got Back” as my karaoke performance at the annual work event. In 2010, Sunshine videotaped it and I popped it online for the world to see. Now I may have flubbed the words a bit, but I think I rocked it. And yes…I’m performing the song once again in two weeks at the work event again. I have to at this point…I’m asked by co-workers if I’m going to do it. In fact, people stuck around last year only to hear the song! It’s tradition…I can’t break that!
– I began viewing houses after putting mine on the market. Little did I know that it wouldn’t be until DECEMBER that I’d actually sell my place and move into something new.
– Sunshine and I each created our “top five” list of celebrities we’d allow the other person to sleep with. Wait…that sounds really bad. Regardless…I’ve re-thought mine and my list needs to change. Expect a new list sometime in the new year.
– I finally got my divorce paperwork after almost three years of being separated. I still have yet to be officially divorced. Procrastination…thy name is The Ex (and me, I guess).
– There was quite a healthy discussion on whether or not men and women can simply be “just friends”.
– Sunshine got her nose pierced and became even MORE attractive to me.
– I went on a search to find a dang Shamrock Shake from McDonalds somewhere in my area. It simply wasn’t to be found. I was NOT a happy camper.
– Sunshine and I got lost in the woods. Seriously.
– I thought I had actually sold my house. Little did I know at the time that the financing would fall through and my house would continue to be on the market…sucking the life out of me in the process. Okay…maybe it wasn’t THAT bad.
– I voiced my disdain for 2010’s American Idol finalists. What I would eventually find is that the original version of the program, Britain’s X-Factor, was FAR superior. Simon Cowell left Idol to bring X-Factor to
the States in fall 2011. I’ll definitely be watching.
– I bragged about just how awesome sex is with Sunshine. Is that wrong?
– Ankle Biter had a stay in the hospital for a few days because of an operation being done to put tubes in his ears and to remove his tonsils & adenoids.
– It was Sunshine’s birthday and I did what I could to make it a memorable one for her (don’t ask me how I’m ever going to top it this year).
– I got to meet Random Esquire live and in person while in Chicago on business. Random Esquire is totally awesome, for those wanting to know if the real-life person is as cool as the online persona. I immediately fell in love with the city of Chicago after walking around for a few hours. I did all of the touristy things one is supposed to do…went to see a Cubs game, visited Millenium Park, went to the top of Willis (formerly Sears) Tower, tried some deep dish Chicago-style pizza, and even was treated to an amazing meal by RE. It was absolutely a trip I’ll always remember.
– While on that business trip, I was given an opportunity to move into a different position within my company. It was a scary thought as I had come to really get into a groove with my current job, but I took it as the possibilities for my future would be a lot better if I did as well at the new job as I did with the old job. As the year ends, I’m LOVING my new job and wouldn’t trade it back for my old job unless it was for a HUGE pay increase.
– Sunshine and I had some difficult times while dealing with the distance issue. We weren’t communicating the way we normally do and we were fighting more than we should have been. Thankfully, our communication skills helped us through this (even though it spilled over into July) and the year ended with us more in love than we were at the beginning of the year.
– My mom broke her femur, which led to the discovery of more cancerous tumors in her leg and back. She’s had one helluva tough year.
– Rugrat came to visit the same time I had taken a week off to hang with Ankle Biter while his babysitter was on vacation, all of which was both extremely stressful and extremely awesome at the same time. She’s a tornado, that one.
– Sunshine and her girls helped me celebrate Ankle Biter’s birthday a week early. She’s some kinda special, that one.
– I did just a little bit to try and put a smile on Jim “Depot Dad” Everson’s face while he battled cancer and asked others to also “pay it forward“. He was a memorable guy, that one.
– I had an amazing birthday because of the love of an amazing woman.
– I had a horrific argument with The Ex that almost ended up with us both going to court to battle it out over custody of Ankle Biter. Thankfully, cooler heads prevailed.
– Jim Everson passed away…leaving a large whole in the “blogosphere” that will never be filled.
– I was “Freshly Pressed” by WordPress. That was kinda cool.
– Sunshine and I enjoyed our first hurricane together. Yes…”enjoyed” is the term I’m using.
– Sunshine and I celebrated TWO YEARS TOGETHER!!
– I also got to attend my first NBA game by watching the Orlando Magic destroy the Phoenix Suns.
– While on the trip I got to fulfill one of my Bucket List items by singing with a live band in front of an audience (twice!). Thank goodness I didn’t suck.
– I moved out of one house and moved into another. I wasn’t prepared for the move out so Sunshine had to help me…A LOT. I wasn’t really wanting to move in and Sunshine noticed how much I still hadn’t unpacked as of last weekend. Can I just blame it on me being a dude?
So that’s pretty much my 2010 summed up. Still with me? Good. I appreciate the readers and the comments and the tweets that have been thrown my way in 2010 and I’m looking forward to continuing on in 2011.
Happy New Year’s everybody!