Rugrat called me last week and wanted to talk about her impending visit (she’s due to arrive on August 11th). She had come up with an idea…an idea that she thought was brilliant. Because we weren’t going to be spending Christmas together this year (we spend the holidays together every other year), she thought we should have Christmas next month when she visited.
Okay…that sounded pretty awesome, right?
Well, this statement was soon followed by her telling me that she had a Christmas list that she wanted to send me and if I could give it to her grandfather (i.e. my dad). I asked her why I would give the list to her grandfather. Her answer?
“Because he’s rich.”
I wasn’t sure at all how to interpret any of what she had just told me. Was this whole “holidays spent together because we won’t be together in December” just all a cover in an effort to get a bunch of gifts during her visit? Did she not realize just how tough it was to even GET her to visit me this year???
I calmly told her that her grandfather wasn’t rich and I didn’t think this was a good idea. She asked to send me her wish list anyway so I could hold onto it for the holidays. This is what she sent me:
- plaid scarves and shorts ( must have in red, black or gold please)
- black pencil straight jeans ( must have black!)
- Dsi (Black or blue)
- blond highlights ( box of course 😉 )
- skate shoes (only 20-30$, MUST have in black and green, black in red or black and gold)
- the slip-ons are the thing i want the most so please get me them please
- strapless plaid dress (must have in blue and black or red and black)
- a box of lip smackers berry strawberry( no grape!!)
- Gold shimmer powder (for body)
- suede mini skirt
- Gold ballet flats
- Gold kitten heels( must have gold)
- (a must have) sparkly Gold shorts
- cover up (make-up ask kelly what it is)
- clique series past #8 the series starter is called sealed witha diss
- Final fantasy Movie
I’m sure I’m not alone is not knowing what in the heck half of this stuff even is! I mean…sparkly gold shorts are a “must have”?? What in the blue hell am I in store for with my ELEVEN year old???
I should be happy that her fascination is with gold and not with black or pink. Although maybe gold is the new “color of drugs” or something. Jeesh.
And to make things more interesting, she emailed this list in two parts…then she emailed it again later in the day to make sure I had it…then she called and left a message on my phone making sure I had gotten her list.
What is going on??
TO BE CONTINUED…