1. Ankle Biter goes “under the knife” on May 11th. He is getting his tonsils & adenoids removed, along with also getting tubes put into his ears. As the date quickly approaches, I find myself getting more and more anxious about the whole procedure. I mean, it’s awesome that his numerous nose and ear and throat infections will become a thing of the past. It’s also awesome that he’ll be able to hear more clearly, and hopefully be able to speak more clearly once he really hears what he’s saying. These are great things that excite me. But still…it’s my little boy. He’s only 3 ½ years old. He’s going to be OPERATED on. I know it’s safe…it’s just something that creates a lot of nervous energy within me.
2. Is it wrong that I’m absolutely thrilled that Siobhan was eliminated this week on American Idol? She was a one-note wonder (or one-screech wonder) that quickly lost lustre after Week One. I certainly don’t wish any ill will upon her, but I’m glad she’s gone.
3. Sunshine arrives tonight and we’ll not only be loving every waking minute we’re together this weekend, but we’ll also be with my folks tomorrow as I go house hunting (as I mentioned yesterday). When talking to Sunshine on Wednesday night about it, her only wish was that I’d take pictures of her posing in each house we visit when my parents aren’t looking. I think that’s absolutely something I can do and I can’t wait to show those next week. On the flip side of things, I went through what was pretty much one of my worst days ever yesterday and it ended up affecting Sunshine. I won’t go into too many details yet, but needless to say I need Sunshine here with me this weekend more than I can put into words.
5. Rugrat and I haven’t talked in awhile now…and it’s bothering me a bit. The thing is, I know that I need to take the reins on it…but her mom also tells me that she’s just going through a phase and doesn’t really want to talk to her old man on the phone but still loves me blah blah blah. She still wants to come to visit me in August, so I guess I should be happy about that. I dunno…I just wish we had a closer relationship than we do. It’s not that it’s bad, but it could be a LOT better.
6. Just when you think celebrities can’t put anything over on the tabloids, along comes Sandra Bullock to say that she and Jesse James had adopted a child back in January. I mean…is this a bombshell or what?? Heh.
7. I’m really NOT looking forward to moving. I can’t bring myself to pack up my shit even though I’ve got an entire month to do it. Jeez…it’s not even like I’ve got all that much stuff, either. I guess I just have to suck it up and do it. (#thatswhatshesaid)
8. C’mon…”is this a bombshell or what”…that was brilliant, right?
Have a great weekend, everybody. 😛