I gotta be honest…it’s been a crazy week and I haven’t really had the chance to keep up on Twitter as much as I normally do. But I did have a bunch of links I wanted to share with everybody, with some found on Twitter and some found elsewhere.
So consider this a “kinda” Twitter Tales situation. But really, it’s just me wanting to share the randomness that makes up my Blogosphere world…
Jimmy Fallon is one of the “new breed” of entertainer that is truly attempting to use all aspects of the new social media for self-promotion. I’ll be honest…I’ve ended up watching his show a few times because of something he has tweeted. Example? Well, he tweeted about doing a skit with Laura‘s favorite singer, Dave Matthews. How ’bout the Dave Matthews GPS??? On top of that, he tweeted about his attempts to create a “Saved By The Bell” reunion on his show. His latest accomplishment? Tweeting about getting Mark Paul Gosselaar to not only agree, but to appear on the show as ZACK MORRIS!!!! I think Fallon’s show is definitely one to keep an eye on going forward.
- Y’know, since I’m talking about late night talk shows, I gotta give HUGE props to Jimmy Kimmel. Not only does he post a ton of videos on YouTube, but he allows them to be embedded!!! I don’t know about you, but that gets HUGE bonus points from me. I mean, how else could I post something awesome like this?
Modern Single Momma
Okay, tonight is Modern Single Momma‘s bachelorette party. Morgan is taking the plunge with Man From Kentucky. Not only that, but the bachelorette party gonna be broadcast live on the internet and EVERYBODY IS INVITED!! Is it wrong that I’m looking forward to this? But on top of all that, it now appears as though the wedding itself will be broadcast online. I mean, this is a better moment than when Frisco and Felicia got together!! (Okay…I’m totally showing my nerdiness and my age with that reference) So I’m gonna do my best to show up…hope to see a lot of you there, too!
- I love Redneck Mommy. Her blog is one thing, but she really excels at tweets. She just seems to have a knack for bringing a smile to my face in 140 characters or less…
- Arnold Schwarzenegger is now on Twitter. Huh.
- Ummm…at what point does a female celebrity baring her breasts considered NOT a big deal anymore? Some topless photos from Britney Spears’ video shoot for Gimme More were released last week, and they showed her with little paint covering her jiggly bits. Sure, she was going through her “unstable period” and everything, but are these pics really that big of a deal? What’s the difference between this NSFW pic of Britney in comparison to this NSFW one of Christina Aguilera or this NSFW one of P!nk?? I just think people need to chill out. I mean, they’re boobs…get over it…move on.
- Hey, here’s something I thought people might enjoy. It’s a video of the “100 Best Movie Lines in 200 Seconds”. I don’t know if I’d really consider EVERY line one of the best, but it is quite the list. And really…haven’t you got 200 seconds to spare?
Speaking of “moving on”, Adam Lambert officially came out in the latest edition of Rolling Stone magazine. So there you have it…he’s gay. Shocker, I know. So now can we all please MOVE ON WITH OUR LIVES??? I don’t think this should be a big deal, really. The guy can sing…the guy has been offered a chance to sing with Queen…the guy just signed a record contract…and the guy has millions of fans. The only reason to make a big deal about him being gay would be to discredit him or turn fans against him. Otherwise, it really should be a non-issue. Sometimes I really hate tabloids. At least Rolling Stone has a bit of credibility to it.
- Ummm…a group of people smashed the world record for “people dressed up as Smurfs”. Seriously.
Ummm...a LOT of people with NOTHING better to do.
- I absolutely love this new video from the Black Eyed Peas. And no…it’s not just because I get to see Fergie’s butt in a thong in the video (although it certainly doesn’t hurt…heh).
- I have absolutely no good reason for showing this picture other than it made me laugh today…
I'm TOTALLY asking this question the next time I play...
- Okay…call me a dork (although that would make T a dork, too), but this announcement by “Weird” Al Yankovic totally made my day. I’m just hoping I can find the time in my totally busy schedule next week to participate:
- Okay…ummm…I’m not much of a video game kinda guy. But I can’t lie…this promotional video for the latest Star Wars game TOTALLY got me a excited…in a naughty way:
- And finally, one more pic for no other reason than I like it…
It's good to be King...
Okay…I can now freely admit it: I’m addicted to Twitter. I don’t 100% understand how people claim to be able to make a ton of money using it…and I really don’t appreciate them telling me how to write my blog…
At the end of the day, the thing that brings me back multiple times every single day is clicking on random links and reading and/or seeing things I’d otherwise never get a chance to read and/or see. In addition, I find myself easily keeping up-to-date on the lives of some of my favorite fellow bloggers.
Thankfully, my TweetDeck allows me to truly follow whomever I want to and kinda ignore all of the spam while still increasing my follower/following count legitimately (I hate people who hit-n-run).
Alright…everybody ready? Good…’cause it’s once again time to check out my weekly Twitter Tales:
- I think the biggest Twitter story this week had to involve @aplusk (again). Y’see, Mr. Demi Moore had promised the world that he would (in addition to donating $100,000 to help solve Africa’s malaria problem) “Ding Dong Ditch” Ted Turner’s house if he won that whole “Ashton vs. CNN to a million” challenge thing on Twitter. Wait…you’ve never heard of a “Ding Dong Ditch“? Well it’s simple, really. It’s when you go to somebody’s house…ring their doorbell (i.e. “Ding Dong”)…and run like hell (i.e. “Ditch”). The problem was that Ted Turner was no longer affiliated with CNN and his house was inaccessible. So what did Ashton do? He gathered his minions and went to Ted’s Montana Grill, which is a restaurant named after Turner. He then stacked up hundreds of boxes of Ding Dongs in front of the restaurant (approx. 9,500 of them in total), then his “tweepers” each banged a bronze bell, which was located out front. He then made his way down to the CNN building, where his decided to pull a prank that only he could pull. Mission: accomplished.
The CNN Ding Dong Ditch
So the big American Idol finale will see Kris take on Adam. Really? Meh. I just don’t “get” Adam. Yeah…he’s cool, he’s good looking in an androgenous kind of way, and he can sing his ass off…but his dog-howling high notes just don’t do it for me. He’s definitely the one with the most “star power” and he’s been the front-runner from the beginning, but my pick from the first time I heard him was Danny Gokey. And with the exception of “that note” a couple of weeks ago, Danny has been the most consistent (although probably the most unmemorable) contestants the show has ever had. And I absolutely HAD to agree with Haley from Cheaty Monkey when she blamed Paula for Danny’s loss. I mean, I absolutely LOVE Terence Trent D’Arby…but “Dance Little Sister” was just a bad song for Danny to sing. What about “Wishing Well“? ”If You Let Me Stay” (my personal favorite)? Hell…Danny could have kicked ass doing “She Kissed Me“. I hope Paula doesn’t return next year. She’s just dragging the show down and is the main reason I want to turn the TV off every time I watch it. On top of that, I now firmly believe that she’s the primary reason Danny’s out of the finals. BAH~!!
- Funny enough, I was just thinking this the other day: if I exposed myself to somebody, I’d probably get arrested. Well…I’d get arrested after the laughter ended. Apparently, that’s not the case for Redneck Mommy:
- And just when I thought I could come up with a great smart-ass answer, ImACutieFace beat me to it with a killer comeback:
OMG…Kris Williams from Ghost Hunters is now on Twitter. I would TOTALLY follow her into a haunted house. Hell…I’d follow her into a LOT of places. Heh. Even if I hated that show (which I totally don’t, it’s one of my faves), she would get me to watch each and every week. **SWOON**
- How’s this for awesome? TWEETS FROM SPACE!!! NASA is now on Twitter and Mike Massimino officially became the first astronaut to tweet from space. It’s very cool to read, actually…as Mike has been keeping everybody up-to-date on preparations for the latest mission and is now providing tweets from the space shuttle. You want to talk about the power of a new social media? It doesn’t get much more powerful than this:
- One of my all-time guilty pleasures, “Weird Al” Yankovic, is now on Twitter and gaining followers fast. He even noted his growing popularity as only he can:
- There are two people on Twitter who could really use some moral support right now: Nikki and Christeen. Why, you ask? Because in addition to Alaina, these are two bloggers who are apparently trying to quit smoking. I’ve got a bit of experience in that department so I’m really rooting for these two. It’s hard…it’s REALLY difficult…but when you have extra cash on hand, you don’t stink, and you know you’ll live a bit longer to enjoy the life of your children…well, it’s not that hard of a decision to make. Don’t let the tough times get you down!!
- Pic of the week, courtesy of Jchawes:
Wait...what floor is that???
- Some of you might remember that kid who did that hand-thingy video to Daft Punk’s “Harder Better Faster Stronger”. If you don’t, go here…you won’t be disappointed. Anyhoo, turns out that this song is quite popular among the artistically inclined because the following video popped up thanks to PricelessPics. This was pretty cool, I thought…
- And to finish things off, I simply had to post a video that Dana Goldman from B*tch Pleaz tweeted about this week: a performance from the 2009 Miss Pole Dance world championships. Don’t worry, there’s no nudity…but I gotta completley honest, it’s one of the most impressive physical performances I’ve seen anybody do in a very long time.
Hey…if you’re not following any of these people, YOU SHOULD!! And if you know of anybody that deserves to be recognized next week and followed (or if you see a great tweet and just want to share), drop me an email or tweet and let me know. Twitter is all about expanding horizons, people!