I’ve got a new post up over at my travel blog, To Travel Or Not. Going to eventually be discussing all parts of the Magic Kingdom.
Tag Archives: Walt Disney World
- Ankle Biter and I got to go to the local zoo on Saturday morning.We had a blast. It’s still in “off-season” rates so not only did we get in cheap, but we got there just after it opened and there was hardly anybody there with us…so it felt like we had the zoo to ourselves. The sun was out and it was gorgeous outside, but not too hot…which meant that almost every single animal was out and about. Ankle Biter wanted to see a tiger, but their tiger died a year or so ago, so it wasn’t to be. But their leopards were beautiful, the lions were close to the fence so he could see them up close, and the monkeys were swinging from rope to rope and singing for all to hear. I love little bonding experiences like this with him…it just makes me feel closer to him.
- Getting to the zoo was a good thing because about an hour after we got home it rained. And then it rained the rest of the weekend. It’s still raining today and it’s supposed to continue to rain straight through to Thursday. I don’t mind summer rain at all, but it’s still cold spring rain…so I’m not quite ready yet. Still…I was out BBQ-ing in the rain on Saturday. Ankle Biter didn’t want to stay inside so he came out in the rain to watch me. I thought it was cute when he began trying to catch the raindrops like they were snowflakes.
- Rugrat contacted me over the weekend. It was via email, but we speak so infrequently that it’s always a real treat when whenever there’s ANY correspondence. She’s at the age (so I’ve been told) where talking to her old man…even if she only gets to see him twice a year…isn’t really on her “to do list”. I guess I’m okay with that as long as she continues to reach out when she does, because that means she’s not doing it because she has to…she’s doing it because she wants to.
- Which brings me to think…what would be one of the first things you did if you won a million dollars? Sure…bills paid/money to family blah blah blah, but what then? I know that I’d absolutely change my living arrangements and go on another cruise with Sunshine…we’d end up seeing the world, I think. But the very first thing would be booking a trip to DisneyWorld with just me and Rugrat. It’s something I’ve always dreamed of doing and it’s a place she’s never gone. Just daddy/daughter time in the Happiest Place on Earth. Whether it’s now when she’s 12 or later when she’s 30…my dream is to take her there. It will happen…some day, some how.
- My Relay for Life is quickly approaching. I’m currently at 65% of my online goal and with less than a month to go, you’re probably going to end up seeing more and more “Relay” posts. I’m sure I can hit $500. Please join me in the fight against cancer by supporting my participation in Relay For Life now. It’s really easy – just click on this link. It’s going to be a fun weekend, too, because Sunshine and I will be doing the Relay together with our kids…and my family has repeatedly told me that it’ll be a fun time and that there is a lot of things planned for kids, so that’s good.
- Speaking of Sunshine, her birthday is this coming Saturday. Y’know, it’s actually a bit depressing in a way because I so very much want to give her the world…but I can’t. I so very much want to be able to lavish her with gifts…but I can’t. I know she’d say that my love is enough and I absolutely feel the same way about her…I don’t even NEED gifts as long as she’s in my life…but still, I wish there was a way I could snap my fingers and make everything in our lives exactly the way we want it to be. But I can’t. So I guess we’ll both just have to work with what the Universe has handed to us.
Hope everybody had a great weekend!
It’s funny how reading other blogs can inspire thoughts in your own head. I was reading last night about a trip to Florida made by one of my favourite bloggers, QT Mama. Her tales of fun times in the sunshine made me think about fun times with Sunshine. More specifically, future fun times with Sunshine.
I love Florida. I’ve been there about a dozen times over the course of my life, primarily as a kid with my family visiting all of the glorious money pits known as theme parks. My wish has always been to visit Florida as an adult in a romantic way…strolling through Main Street USA at Disney or enjoying the Jaws ride at Universal or standing in a room being completely surrounded by sharks at Sea World…all the while holding hands and enjoying life with the woman of my dreams.
Nothing would make me happier than to be able to do this with Sunshine one day. I have a sense that she would enjoy things almost as much as I would (well…almost).
I have extra incentive now, too. Why? Well, I went on a trip with The Ex down to Florida almost four years ago. This trip was supposed to be “the one” that I’ve been dreaming about. She was newly pregnant and my parents had foot the bill for the trip. Sounds fantastic, right?
We were on a very big downward spiral in our relationship during this time. We could fake happiness when out in public, but were almost always down each other’s throats once behind the closed hotel door. Needless to say, this trip was not the romantic fun journey I had dreamed it would be.
So that’s my extra incentive. The last trip I made to Florida was on very unhappy terms. I don’t want that as a lasting memory. I want to have the memory that I know I can have…the one that I deserve.
Sunshine is the one to do that with. I know that we’d have an amazing time together and our experience would be everything we could ever want and more. As cheesy as it may sound, I want to enjoy the sunshine with Sunshine.
It’s funny to say that, because I’m not really that much of an outdoor person. AT ALL. I’m not much of a beach person or a sun person or anything like that. But I would TOTALLY hit the beach in Florida if Sunshine was by my side.
So that’s my thought process today…that’s my daydream. And this is why I love reading blogs…when you randomly read through your favourites, you just never know when you’ll come across something that totally inspires you to write a blog post of your very own.