Okay…I can now freely admit it: I’m addicted to Twitter. I don’t 100% understand how people claim to be able to make a ton of money using Twitter…and I don’t appreciate them telling me how to write my blog…and I don’t have a desire to gather thousands upon thousands of followers just for the sake of my own ego.
Well…I wouldn’t mind that last one…
At the end of the day, the thing that brings me back multiple times every single day is clicking on random links and reading and/or seeing things I’d otherwise never get a chance to read and/or see. In addition, I find myself really keeping up-to-date on the lives of some of my favorite fellow blogger updates (yeah…as if their blogs weren’t enough).
Alright…everybody ready? Good…’cause it’s once again time to check out my weekly Twitter Tales:
- Iron Man 2 director Jon Favreau was continuing to tweet during filming. This truly is viral marketing at its best. I mean, the hype over the movie is already sky-high…but to know that the director is giving fans tiny tasty morsals of movie making is really amping up the word of mouth. This week? Well, this week he informed us that he was filming a scene between Nick Fury & Tony Stark before letting us know that Scarlett Johanson had her first day on the set as the Black Widow:
- Nikki from Lucid | Insanity recently had some issues with her ex-boyfriend. Ummm…some interesting issues. Now, I read this series of tweets to mean that the ex-boyfriend was trying to make her realize just what she was missing by bribing her with Cheesecake Factory goodness. Seriously. She told me that he’s basically all “Don’t give up on me” with her…using guilt or cheesecake or something. See for yourself:
- My response to her? (I love being a smart-ass)
As you may or may not know already, there will be some “dual-posting” this month between myself and T from The Quest For T. Why? Well…apparently May is Masturbation Month. And…well…I’m not going to post the entire Twitter conversation that we had that inspired the whole deal, needless to say I think this month will be very interesting. So yeah…I fired the first shot (so to speak), and T responded in kind.
- Depending on whether or not your mom is a computer person or would appreciate this kind of thing, AModernMother posted a link to a pretty cool website where you can pop your mom’s name into a video about “Mom of the Year”. My mom probably wouldn’t appreciate it, but there may be a number of moms out there that would.
- Y’know…if you’re gonna steal a shirt, you may not want to make it a jail-issued shirt. Why? You might just end up getting one of your very own to wear for an extended period of time.
- So Morgan launched a new look for her site, ModernSingleMomma. I like it because it’s different. It’s unlike any blog that I’m currently visiting. So not only is she blogging there, but she’s got a whole new website that’s dedicated to her awesome photography, MorganSilerPhotography.com. I immediately became sidetracked this week when she posted a…in her own words..goofy pin-up style photo. Hmmm…”goofy” isn’t quite the word I would use to describe it. Heh.
- If I haven’t said it before, let me say it now: I LOVE the WEB URBANIST!! They have some fantastic photos that are meant to educate and fascinate (their words, not mine). This week they had an awesome collection of Effective Guerrila Marketing Stunts. Some of these truly need to be seen to be believed. Here’s an example:
Jim (aka Depot Dad) had a pretty neat idea in his latest blog post…tweeted courtesy of Rachel from SingleMomSeeking. Y’see, Jim has been fortunate enough to have met a few fellow bloggers from around the country in his one year of blogging. And much like many of us, I’m sure…he wants to meet a number of his other favorite bloggers. He came up with the idea of playing “Blogger Bingo”, where you place yourself in the middle square and then just fill the rest in. I think Jim is a helluva guy going through a very difficult time right now.
I had mentioned last week that because my family had been hit pretty hard with cancer over the past year 1/2, I was interested in finding out more about what he was going through. He actually took the time to email me and explain his cancer situation, how he found out, and what’s been going on with him since. That just put him higher on my list of fellow bloggers I’d love to meet…even if he does live on the opposite side of the continent. So yeah…I was happy to see my name on his board. I think it’s a great idea:
- SingleParentDad had a party for his son and, quite frankly, ordered the coolest cake a father could order. I also need to preface this by saying that this cake is really the reason T and I are doing the whole “May Masturbation Month” posts. Y’see, we both saw this cake and loved it…SPD asked T to visit…she said something about a Princess Leia costume…I jumped all over that comment…and POOF~! The rest is history. Ummm…where was I? Oh yeah…the kick-ass cake!!
- Speaking of Star Wars…our old Twitter pal Darth Vader was back to his Dark Lord tricks again this week:
- Now, I wouldn’t be “me” if I didn’t just make a quick note that MsSingleMama is dating somebody…forever to be known as “The Bear”. She obviously doesn’t want to jinx it by blogging/tweeting about him all day long (and you know that everybody is hoping for the best, Alaina), but here’s a snippet of what she thinks about him thus far:
- Remember when I recently said that Jason Hawes from Ghost Hunters was now on Twitter? It seems like he’s slowly getting the hang of things. He’s now tweeting from the road, posting pics of everything from Grant being molested by some lady’s foot at the airport to Tango looking a bit confused at the wiring of a house to Kris doing something rather unattractive with her foot. All in all, I think you’ll be seeing more from Jason in the weeks and months ahead…especially if he’s stuck on a long, uneventful overnight case.
- I have to admit to enjoying the work of one Chris Angel. I think he’s an extremely talented illusionist and I’m certainly a fan. Turns out, he’s got a bit of a sense of humor, as well (although you probably have to enjoy his show to get the punchline):
- Alright…last one, kids. I have to absolutely give my “Tweet(s) of the Week” to Tanis, aka the Redneck Mommy. This afternoon her cat had babies and…well…I don’t think anybody has ever truly described the experience quite like this. Let her words speak for themselves. Enjoy!!