I’ve been blogging for almost two years now, but only started on WordPress back in January. In the year since my “re-birth”, I’ve found a great number of fellow bloggers that I follow on a daily basis through my Google Reader. Now, since I’ve been without internet since August (with the exception of my Blackberry and through a bit at work), I don’t get the chance to comment on these blogs nearly as often as I’d like to…and because of that I thought I would break down my favorite Top 10 Blogs of 2009 and give them a little bit of blogger love.
* I’m excluding Sunshine’s awesome blog because let’s face it…I’m a little biased.
So without any further adu, here are my favorite Top 10 Blogs of 2009 (in NO PARTICULAR ORDER):
1. The Quest for T – I’ve been a fan of Tonya’s since I first became a blogger. She’s truly one of a kind. Her blog can hit deep emotional and personal depths and then jump out into explicit sexual fantasies and exploits. And during the two month separation that Sunshine and I had back in February/March (while we were trying to find ourselves), Tonya became a good friend to me and helped me process some things. She is real, she is genuine, and her blog is always one of the first ones I read every day.
2. QT Mama’s Weblog – Ahhhh QT. I’ve never seen a picture of her but I’m told she’s quite attractive…which makes her blog even more entertaining (heh). She’s got her own nickname for me, which I like. And she’s got a sarcastic wit to her that draws me to her blog like a fly to shit. Although, maybe that’s not the best reference in the world…
3. Random Esquire - RE is a puzzle wrapped in an enigma. RE takes awesome pictures of food. RE takes lots of pictures of a dog. RE is quite the character. RE wants to motorboat my girlfriend. What’s not to like?
4. Lady Mama – Lady Mama is a woman who moved from London to Canada a few years ago. She’s a great writer and I’m slightly biased in enjoying her exploits primarily because she’s (kinda) a fellow Canuck. Wait…is she even officially Canadian yet? Hmmm…that could change things…
5. Single Mom Seeking – Rachel wants the world to know that just because you’re a single parent, it doesn’t mean your life is over. Plus it’s fun to see her personal life change and develop over time.
6. Memoirs of a Single Mom – Amira has had a really tough year. Her stories normally break my heart and draw me in because she’s such an amazing person. Her heart is massive and her kindness is all-encompassing. I wish her nothing but the best in 2010 and I’m hopeful that things in her life will make a change for the better sooner rather than later.
7. Single Mom Says – Mindy, like Amira, has had a really tough year. But what compelled me to continue reading was her unabashed honesty with her feelings. Whether she was in the right or was really off-base, she laid it all out there for the world to read. You don’t get brutal reality of someone’s emotions like that very often.
8. Hot Dads – Yes, I’m totally shilling this blog because I’m now a contributor. According to them, I’m a hot dad. Why in the world WOULDN’T I want to promote that??? But besides that, it’s a pretty slick blog as it gathers views and posts from dads from all across the blogosphere. If you don’t like one particular blogger, just wait until the next day. It’s interactive, it’s humorous, and it’s just a fun blog to be a part of. Yes, I’m biased…but I visited the blog before being asked to participate.
9. Single Mom In The City – Nicole is awesome! She hasn’t been around too much lately as she’s been really busy moving in with her boyfriend and getting all settled into her new life, but when she writes she’s always an enjoyable read. And the fact that she’s hot doesn’t hurt.
10. SingleMommyHood – No…this isn’t a blog just for single moms. But it’s created by two single moms who try to bring education and conversation to all parents. Rachel and Dr. Leah are great…and I’ve got a soft spot in my heart for Dr. Leah as she gave me some one-on-one advice concerning Rugrat earlier this year, and her reaching out really meant a lot to me. Definitely a one-stop-shop for parenting issues.
And y’know what? There are still a LOT more blogs that I visit on a daily basis that I don’t want to leave off the list (in alphabetical order)…
Adventures of a Single WAHM
Bad Mummy, No Cookie
Cost of Living
Li’l CyndiLu Who?
Ms. Single Mama
Nucking Futs Mama
On Wings of Pigs
Single Parent Dad
Stay At Home Mayhem
When Did I Go From A Kid To A Grown Up?
And of course, there are also some blogs that were my favorites that are either no longer around or just aren’t updated anymore…
And what’s more is that there are still a LOT more blogs that I read occassionally that aren’t even listed here. All in all, I’d say it’s been a pretty good year for blogging in general. Really, blogging is something that has taken a mind of it’s own and there are more blogs out there than you can shake a stick at (y’know…if you really felt the need to shake a stick at a blog….which is kinda weird…just sayin’).
Have you got a golden gem that isn’t mentioned here? Do you have a blog that you’d like me to check out? I’d love to read more recommendations!