Sometimes I drift off at work a bit. It’s not like I actually fall asleep or anything…I just let my mind wander. But sometimes on a break or during lunch I’ll hear or read something online that sticks with me.
What I usually do is just jot something down and then finish these thoughts once I’m home. Things were a bit slow on Friday, and I had a bit of down-time last night once Sunshine went home after another awesome weekend together, so with that free time I decided to throw some random thoughts on paper.
And for whatever reason, people seem to enjoy my random take on the world…
- Man vs Food. OMG…I’m absolutely in love with this show. And here’s the thing: I totally realize that this show is wrong in every way. I mean, this guy is shoveling food into his mouth all over the country yet I just can’t get enough of it. It’s TOTALLY a guilty pleasure.
- At the risk of getting into an argument again with Sunshine about Lindsay Lohan, let me just say that she FINALLY did the right thing a couple of weeks ago by tweeting an admission of her guilt from failing some drug tests and then on top of it all, she finally checked herself into rehab. All along through the months and months of nonsense, I just wanted her to take some responsibility for her actions instead of trying to act like her sh*t didn’t stink. Well…now she’s got another date with a judge and some possible jail time. And let’s face it…it’s not like she can act or anything. She’s NOT a talented actress by any stretch (did you see her attempt to act in a skit with Chelsea Handler at the MTV Awards last month?), so whether or not she acts again isn’t really a focus here (or at least it shouldn’t be). It’s having her get clean and staying clean. Maybe she can pull off a Robert Downey?
- And since we’re on the subject of Lohan, why doesn’t that crack-whore Paris Hilton ever get the same crap that Lindsay does? She was actually busted WITH cocaine in her possession?? I just don’t get why she seems to get a free pass and can get off without receiving any jail time. I mean, she’s obviously another one who has a problem. Maybe my daughter was right…maybe having money really does mean you can do anything you want.
- Survivor does not look that great this year. I’ve watched the first episode and the third episode and I gotta say…this REALLY looks boring. Old people vs young people? Meh. Plus, nobody really looks that intriguing…and above all else, it’s the people you put on the island that makes the show interesting. So yeah…this year, I think I’m skipping it.
- There aren’t very many movies coming up that are looking very appealing. There are a few, though…
- X-Factor: I’ll be totally straight with you…if this show is pretty much the same once it debuts in U.S. television in fall 2011 as it is currently on the U.K. version, then I’m absolutely switching over from American Idol. There is just something different…more fun…with X-Factor than with AI. At least with the audition process (done in front of a live arena audience!). Their “boot camp” looks like “Hollywood week”, but then the finalists are divided up into groups and sequestered with one of the judges for personal instruction and further cuts. It’s just a very different feel than AI, which is REALLY getting stale. Anyway…I’m doing my best to keep up with the newest season of the U.K. version via downloading. It’s extremely entertaining.
- Should I be bothered that my daughter called me a day late to wish me a happy birthday? I mean, she called…which she hadn’t done the previous two years (at least)…so that should be good enough, right? It was a VERY quick conversation, though. I just get the feeling that I’ve turned into that single dad that the child doesn’t really want to talk to or visit but does because they’re told to. I don’t want to sound like I’m putting myself down or anything, but that’s just the view I see from my end.
- How in the world are KISS and Rush NOT in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, yet some of the class of 2011 nominees are Chic, Donovan, Dr. John, Darlene Love, Donna Summer, and Tom Waits? I mean, are these nominees really that much better than KISS and Rush? Now don’t get me wrong, there are some VERY good nominees this year: Alice Cooper, Beastie Boys, Bon Jovi, J Geils Band, LL Cool J, and even Neil Diamond. But it’s just crazy to me how some people get nominated and others don’t.