Sometimes I drift off at work a bit. It’s not like I actually fall asleep or anything…I just let my mind wander. But sometimes on a break or during lunch I’ll hear or read something online that sticks with me.
What I do is just jot something down and then finish these thoughts once I’m home. I haven’t done one of these in about a year and had a few minutes of downtime yesterday, so I decided to throw some thoughts on paper.
- I gotta admit that the X-Factor absolutely has me hooked. It’s a shame that more people aren’t getting into it more because it really combines the best of all other singing competitions and wraps it up into one big package. Of course, the UK version was the original that American Idol was based off of, so it’s not like this is a rip-off of anything else. This show is unique and fun and has a TON of talent. My pick to win it all is Josh Krajcik, but I’m not so sure after seeing the awful song choices his mentor, Nicole Scherzinger, gave her team last night. Hopefully his talent will overcome the poor music choices.
- Don’t ask me why, but for some reason Ankle Biter is totally into LMFAO right now. He has spent the last three months listening to “Party Rock Anthem” almost non-stop and watching the video a few hundred thousand times (he likes the “dancing zombies”). Now it’s time for the second single, and as soon as The Ex told him the song on the radio was by the same group who did “All Day Shufflin” (what he calls the first song), he went nuts for the song. Now I can’t NOT play it every single moment he’s sitting in my car. I can’t lie and say the song is terrible, though…so at least there’s that. It’s just weird to hear my five-year-old tell me that he’s “sexy and I know it”.
- So what does a Hollywood actress do when she’s broke and washed-up before aged 30? Well, if you’re Lindsay Lohan you pose naked for Playboy to the tune of almost one million dollars. I’m sorry, people…I know she has addiction issues and everything, but she’s also a talentless bimbo who thumbs her nose at the world because she’s a celebrity. I’m just waiting for the day when she FINALLY comes crashing back to earth and realizes that the world owes her nothing…that she needs to be in charge of her own life and make something of herself without relying on the paparazzi.
- How is it that KISS and Rush aren’t even NOMINATED for the Rock’n'Roll Hall of Fame, yet this year the noms include The Cure, Eric B & Rakim, The Spinners, Donna Summer, and War. Wait…are you trying to tell me that The Cure has been more successful and more influential in the history of rock music (or the last 30 years of music, period) than either KISS or Rush??? No offense to Cure fans, but please…it’s ridiculous. I don’t get it…I really don’t. Mind you, this year includes nominations for the Beastie Boys, Guns’n'Roses, Heart, Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. So I guess all isn’t lost.
- I haven’t seen a good movie in a movie theatre in a very long time. The last movie I saw in the theatres was The Smurfs, which was cute but not great. Sunshine suggested that we go to a movie this weekend…but I don’t see anything great playing that would make me want to dish out a ton of money. Puss ‘N’ Boots, maybe…but I don’t want to have to deal with the kiddies on opening weekend. And what’s worse is that I don’t see any movies coming up that even tickle my fancy except for Sherlock Holmes 2. I didn’t even care for the summer blockbusters from this year (Green Lantern was “meh” and Transformers 3 was horrible). Is it just me? Where have all the good movies gone?