I’ve been a fan of Big Brother since its inception. I’ve watched almost every single episode of every single season with only a few exceptions (the last three episodes of the “All Star” season being a prime example). While I’m not stalker-ish to want to pay to watch their live feeds or “Big Brother After Dark”, I consider myself a pretty big fan of the show.
So having said that, let me be clear when I say that Jordan Lloyd is the most improbable Big Brother winner they’ve ever had.
Don’t get me wrong…I loved watching Jordan this year and I truly believe that she is one of the most friendly, genuine people they’ve ever had on the show. And I don’t want anybody to confuse the words “improbable” with “undeserving”…but with the exception of the last week, she did absolutely NOTHING during the course of the entire season. Her “country bumpkin” personality isn’t an act…that’s truly who she is. Her intelligence? Well…I think to say she’s no Einstein wouldn’t be a stretch. In fact, up until the competition she won against Natalie last week, I really didn’t think she could win anything at all on her own because she was that dumb. She still may be, but she was smart enough when it counted.
And as much as I enjoyed Russell as a player, the fact that he called her “fat” really bothered me over the course of the season. Even during an evening meal out with my parents last night brought forth my dad telling me that he thought Jordan had gained weight over the summer.
I’m stunned, people.
Jordan is drop-dead gorgeous. She has curves but is FAR from being anything close to fat. If you can rock a bikini, you’re not fat. Period. Just because she’s not a toothpick doesn’t mean she’s not stunningly beautiful. But maybe that’s what our society has come to…analyzing everybody and expecting perfection when, in reality, very few of us look that way and most people throwing stones don’t have a place to do so.
Anyway, so let’s review: Jordan is kinda dumb, very beautiful, and super-friendly. Not really the kind of winner Big Brother ends up with…but she made her case pretty well last night (in between her super-long ramblings that went on and on and on) and if I were sitting on the fence, I would have probably voted for her based on her arguments. Of course, Russell and Kevin both thought that they were voting “strategically”…but Natalie did nothing of note in the house except lie to everybody about everything and only won one competition. Not really the stuff made of BB champions.
At the end of the day, this was a pretty interesting season. It wasn’t the best season by any means, but here are some of my highlights:
- “The Square Root of All Evil” Ronnie. This guy played too hard too early and got burned HARD for his efforts. You can play both sides, but to burn half the house in the first two weeks just isn’t a smart play. Normally the harder you play, the quicker you exit.
- “The psycho” Chima. Please…to see absolutely NONE of the house guests defending her at all last night speaks volumes. This woman was a primadonna and really shouldn’t have been in the house in the first place. Thousands of people would love to be on this show and to simply give up a legitimate chance at $500,000 and act like a bratty school girl elicits ZERO sympathy or empathy from me. She deserved the boot and I was happy to see her go.
- “The sneak in your bedroom while you sleep and stare at you stalker” Lydia. Tell me that Jessie won’t feel a bit uncomfortable when he watches the show back and sees Lydia sneaking into his Head of Household room while he slept just to stare at him. CREEPY.
- The “coup d’etat”-using Jeff. Definitely a fantastic power play and the smartest move of the game. Well…the 2nd smartest.
- “The lie” from Kevin & Natalie. THIS, my friends, was the smartest move of the game. Poor Jeff…sitting there with Jordan believing that Kevin would never lie to him. With one more week in the house another power player like Natalie could have been evicted. Even if Russell had come after him two weeks later, at least Jeff would have had a better chance getting to the end knowing he was going to be attacked up front instead of being stabbed in the back and not seeing it coming.
- Ahhh yes…Mr. “both my muscles and my ego are bigger than my brain” Jessie. This guy is a tool. He was a tool on previous Big Brothers and he’s a tool now. Is he an attractive guy? I would think so, yeah. But you have GOT to be turned off when you hear him talk, right? C’mon ladies…I would think that you’d be smart enough to see through the looks. Wouldn’t you? I mean, Jordan’s hot but I could never date her…she’s just too dumb for me. Isn’t it the same thing? Looks can only take you so far.