Just as an FYI…I was kinda inspired by Mindy’s recent post about movie soundtracks, so I’ve sprinkled some ‘hums’ in between the ‘huhs’. M’kay?
1. A few weeks ago, Sunshine asked me if I would be interested in looking after her girls for a day and I jumped at the opportunity. See, the girls are on their spring break and Sunshine is working…so where I’ve got Friday I decided to travel down after work tonight so I could handle some “parental duties” tomorrow. I won’t lie…I’m a bit on the nervous side. But her girls are awesome and I love ‘em. I mean, I’ve gotta get ready for the eventuality of me playing the “fatherly role”. I’m not their dad, nor will I ever be their dad. But I’m ready to be another male role model in their life…even if I’m totally unprepared to handle two hyper girls (lol). Like I said…I’m a bit nervous, but I’m really looking forward to it.
3. Sunshine has a friend. It’s a male friend. They’ve been friends for about a year now and I’ve never really had a huge problem with their friendship. I mean, I totally trust Sunshine 100% and the guy is seen as nothing but a friend from her point of view. Recently, though, she asked me what I thought about the possibility of her and the girls going out on a camping trip with him overnight (or two). Now, maybe it’s just me…but that just seems odd for a single straight guy to want to do. So I told her straight-up: I feel weird about it but I trust you to do whatever you want to do. When she asked me to further go into “weird”, I simply asked her to reverse the situation and have me go camping overnight with a single woman friend. She ended up telling her friend that maybe it’s not such a good idea to go camping (her OWN decision, I need to stress). This has now caused tension with her friend. Should I feel guilty about this?
5. I feel like I’m letting “Hot Dads” down. I was asked to be a contributor to a great blog and, admittedly, I haven’t been pulling my own weight over the past couple of months. Sure, I contribute here and there…but I feel like there’s more I could be doing. I just have a hard time differentiating between things I want to write about on my blog and things I want to write about on the Hot Dads blog. So I guess I’m apologizing for slacking off. I’ll do my best to get back into the swing of things.
6. What 80′s movie starred a bunch of kids and had a two-part music video that featured World Wrestling Federation wrestlers? Easy one, I think. Here is the entire 12-minute video (trust me…it`s worth the time to watch).
7. Is it wrong that I’m trying to convince two of my national salespeople to bring me down to the U.S. to visit a couple of customers primarily because I just want to go on a trip? Well…with baseball season starting-up and having Random Esquire offer to take me out to dinner are also a bit of an incentive. Heh.
8. What 80′s movie featured travelling down a “holiday road”? Single/video here.
9. Dammit…I’m up to 217.2lbs this week. I have simply GOT to stop cheating on my diet because I’m only cheating myself, y’know? FCUK me.