It’s a beautiful day here in the Maritimes and I woke up next to Sunshine…the beginnings of a 4-day weekend. Waking up here on a Friday morning also means that I get to hang out with her two awesome girls, as well.
So in honor of my two future step-daughters (it’s so much fun to be able to say that), I thought I’d show some of their favorite music videos.
I’m absolutely thrilled to be here with three of my favorite girls. I never knew how absolutely awesome a blended family could be.
It doesn’t take long to rebound from a bad day, especially if you have the world at your fingertips.
My son was a bit under the weather yesterday and so we spent the afternoon together. As he played some video games, I scanned the internet to see what was new in the world. What I stumbled upon brought quite the smile to my face…
1. Grandmas watch Kim Kardashian’s sex video. I’ve never been shy or quiet in my absolute disdain for all things Kardashian (and I’m certainly not alone). Why she and her equally untalented sisters are so bloody popular is a mystery to me. If Kim didn’t bang Ray J in that sex tape a few years ago, NOBODY would know who they were…nor would they care. She, along with the likes of Paris Hilton and ANY of the “Housewives of Wherever”, are talentless bimbos who are simply famous for being famous…some weird new trend that I hope ends soon.
Anyway…I stumbled upon this hilarious video of some ladies watching Kim’s sex video. Their reactions are priceless and totally helped to make my day.
Sigh. This guy pretty much said it all…
2. Cheerleaders in airports. Have you ever been in an airport waiting…and waiting…and waiting…and thought to yourself:
“Self…I wish there were some cheerleaders here to keep me entertained while I wait for my flight.”
Wait no more, kids! Who invented this amazing new innovative entertainment idea that’s bound to sweep the world? Well who else? Those wacky Chinese!
3. Worst street performer ever. Listen, I totally realize that I’m not the most talented person in the world. I can carry a tune and perhaps I could act silly enough to entertain somebody for a minute…but that would pretty much end my attempts at being a street performer.
This guy is…well…he’s a bit different. And by different, I mean he totally sucks. I’m not sure who told him to never give up on his dreams, but on the off chance that nobody did then hopefully this video will help him change his mind.
Dude…my man…fella…NEVER do this again. EVER.
4. Woman with “GOD” tattooed on her forehead arrested. Y’know, I don’t even care what she was arrested for. The simple fact that she thought this tattoo was a good idea in any way, shape, or form is just mind-boggling to me. I’m certainly not going to trash her religious beliefs, but I’m totally going to trash her ability to make smart decisions with her life. What in the bloody hell…
5. Octomom is going to do porn now. Well duh…what else is she gonna do to make enough money to take care of her fourteen children?? Seriously…she could have made any number of other choices with her life and could take are of the kids better than what she’s doing now. She’s just so weird…and creepy…and stupid. And now her “I’ll never do porn” comment is coming to bite her in the ass because she has filed for bankruptcy and has no other choices for income (apparently).
I’m sorry…I just threw up in my mouth a little.
Good for you, Octomom. You make single parents everywhere noxious. Those poor kids.
6. Meet BRAD. This is one of the coolest things I’ve seen so far this year. This dude at Berkeley College wanted to pimp out his dorm room and make it uber-automated. Well, mission accomplished. This is the Berkeley Ridiculously Automated Dorm (B.R.A.D.) and I dare you to think back to your university days and wish this room couldn’t have been yours…
7. Too much time or too cool art? Finally, this video really grabbed my attention. It’s one of those videos that you can’t really describe…you just have to see for yourself. It’s worth watching if for no other reason than to see the result of over 200 takes to get it right. Intrigued? Good…check this out.
If you want to know how they made this video, just go here. VERY cool.
After posting a couple of videos from this past week, I received some comments about how both Sunshine and I seem to let our personalities come out a bit and that it’s nice to see, considering that we’re always “out there” in photographs but never really in videos. And for all of our online blog/Twitter friends, they now feel just a bit closer to us.
So I figured that I’d post a few videos today. None of them are really particularly interesting and there really aren’t very many of them, but they all tell a story…at least to Sunshine and I.
Let’s start off with something simple, though the only person acting “simple” is me. Y’see, this was taken just minutes before the start of the first “game show” on the first night of the cruise. For those keeping score, this was where I won Ship-On-A-Stick number one…
So the premise is simple: music was playing in the background and both Sunshine and I were overly excited to be on a cruise to the Caribbean. I started acting a fool and Sunshine, ever encouraging me to act silly as much as possible, decided it would look great as a video…
Soon after proposing, an inside joke became the fact that we still couldn’t really believe that we were engaged. Honestly? It’s almost a month since I popped the question and I still can’t believe that it actually happened (but in a TOTALLY good way!!). Sometimes one of us would casually mention the fact that we were now “to be married” by saying as a way to bring a smile to the other person’s face. I happened to do this to Sunshine in a way that she found amusing, thus she wanted me to do it again for the camera. I honestly don’t think this is funny to anybody else but us, but what the heck…
Every evening when Sunshine and I would get ready, she’s put hairspray into her hair. No big deal, right? Well, every time she did she’d do the same thing when she finished, which you’ll see in the video. I told her that I’d eventually get it on video, and the final night of the cruise I did. Oh, and for those curious, this guy is David Suzuki…
On one of the last nights of the cruise we were up on the Serenity Deck, which is an adults-only section of the ship. It was a calm night, the stars were out, and we seemed to be the only two enjoying the “serenity” of the area (it was around 10:15pm). We just wanted to document how awesome it was to be together in that particular moment…
Of course, it was so calm and beautiful and relaxing on this particular evening, I ended up falling asleep. Honestly, I could have slept the entire night up there. Sunshine, however, thought it would be funny to video me sleeping (i.e. snoring). You’ll notice that she starts off the video by being as quiet as possible so to not wake me up. Then she wakes me gently, I notice the camera, and then continue to fall back asleep. This was, quite frankly, one of my favorite moments on the cruise: just her and I under the stars. And I apologize in advance for the darkness of the video as we certainly don’t have any HD equipment (although we’ll take donations…lol)…
There was another moment, while in Mahogany Bay, where we took a video to simply document how incredibly happy and blessed we felt. We were sitting in a swing facing the Carnival Legend after spending some amazing time on the beach when I decided to whip out the video camera. You’ll notice at the end of the video, somebody recognizes us as the couple that got engaged on the ship (although they thought we were newlyweds…lol) and offer to take our picture. This is the picture they took:
And this is the video the preceded it…
Now comes the majority of our videos in the form of one inside joke. It started after Sunshine watched an episode of “Live with Kelly” and Martin Short was on as a guest host. He was talking about how he had this “game” that he and his “actor friends” liked to play sometimes: how convincing they could be while saying a particular line. The line in question?
“That’s a good cup of coffee.”
Of course, just saying it to each other wasn’t enough. No, we needed to document us saying it on video. Repeatedly. This makes Sunshine and I laugh, so these are posted solely for our enjoyment (i.e. don’t say that I didn’t warn you…lol):
Taken on Lido Deck after grabbing a bite to eat:
In Billie’s Piano Bar while enjoying a most delicious milkshake:
All alone near the Atlantis Lounge while Sunshine is off “freshening up”:
On Lido Deck…again:
Sunshine deciding to FINALLY get in on the action:
And that’s about it, kids. Hope you at least got SOME enjoyment out of them. I’ll be back tomorrow to recap our final day at sea…
First, I’d like to really thank everybody for the kind well-wishes yesterday…via the blog, my Facebook account, and thru Twitter. I’ll always defend the importance and relevance of social media, but I’ll also always defend the personalization of social media…how absolute strangers from different parts of the world can bring one person such great joy and happiness during times of deep depression. I can’t tell you how much your messages meant to me and I’m going to try to respond to all of them individually over the weekend.
Which brings me to today.
Dad’s on his way to Halifax with his best friend (who also lost his wife some years ago to cancer) and they’re going to break the news to my mom. So instead of spending another day aimlessly staring at the walls and being depressed, I decided that I would do whatever I could to be as happy as possible. I fully believe that even in sad times, remaining happy is a very important thing…it’s therapeutic, in a way.
So I guess I need to explain the primary reason why I’m trying to be happy today: I’ve got a chance at winning a $1,000 diamond ring through a radio contest. In fact, I’m one of five finalists who will try to “propose” to a member of C103′s Breakfast Club…she will then pick her favorite and that person will win the ring.
The contest was basically to come up with most original and unique way of proposing to your significant other, with the final five being chosen to go on the air to “win” Mandy’s heart.
I came up with a social media proposal. It’s kinda complicated to explain but let me just say that it involves Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, a blog, and a password. I’ll try to explain things a bit better over the weekend in another post when (hopefully) I’ll have good news about the contest.
And if you’re actually up and awake early enough, I’ll be on sometime between 7:20am and 8:30am Atlantic time (6:20 EST, 5:20 CST). Just go to www.C103.com and click the “Listen Live” button in the upper right hand corner.
In the meantime, I found a couple of videos that put a smile on my face last night at a time when a smile was REALLY needed.
First, T sent me this via Facebook. I mean…I enjoy Howard Jones as much as the next guy but how could you NOT smile at this man’s hair in the video??
Second was a football video I saw. STOP ROLLING YOUR EYES! Listen…you don’t need to be a football fan to enjoy this video. I sat there stunned at some of the trick shots this guy made. Seriously…this is MUST SEE (and yes…I know it makes you go to YouTube directly. Trust me on this…it’s worth checking out).
Finally, this video…while probably very wrong in a lot of ways…made me laugh out loud. Here in Canada, our internet providers are fighting with the government over allowing people the chance to have unlimited internet service. There are download caps and usage caps all over the place.
On provider in particular, Rogers, has a screen that over-takes whatever website you’re at to let you know you’ve reached your maximum usage for the month and that you’ll be charged going forward.
Even though that’s the tip of the iceberg in terms of internet issues here in Canada…Hitler, apparently, has had similar issues: