I gotta be honest…it’s been a crazy week and I haven’t really had the chance to keep up on Twitter as much as I normally do. But I did have a bunch of links I wanted to share with everybody, with some found on Twitter and some found elsewhere.
So consider this a “kinda” Twitter Tales situation. But really, it’s just me wanting to share the randomness that makes up my Blogosphere world…
Jimmy Fallon is one of the “new breed” of entertainer that is truly attempting to use all aspects of the new social media for self-promotion. I’ll be honest…I’ve ended up watching his show a few times because of something he has tweeted. Example? Well, he tweeted about doing a skit with Laura‘s favorite singer, Dave Matthews. How ’bout the Dave Matthews GPS??? On top of that, he tweeted about his attempts to create a “Saved By The Bell” reunion on his show. His latest accomplishment? Tweeting about getting Mark Paul Gosselaar to not only agree, but to appear on the show as ZACK MORRIS!!!! I think Fallon’s show is definitely one to keep an eye on going forward.
- Y’know, since I’m talking about late night talk shows, I gotta give HUGE props to Jimmy Kimmel. Not only does he post a ton of videos on YouTube, but he allows them to be embedded!!! I don’t know about you, but that gets HUGE bonus points from me. I mean, how else could I post something awesome like this?
Okay, tonight is Modern Single Momma‘s bachelorette party. Morgan is taking the plunge with Man From Kentucky. Not only that, but the bachelorette party gonna be broadcast live on the internet and EVERYBODY IS INVITED!! Is it wrong that I’m looking forward to this? But on top of all that, it now appears as though the wedding itself will be broadcast online. I mean, this is a better moment than when Frisco and Felicia got together!! (Okay…I’m totally showing my nerdiness and my age with that reference) So I’m gonna do my best to show up…hope to see a lot of you there, too!
- I love Redneck Mommy. Her blog is one thing, but she really excels at tweets. She just seems to have a knack for bringing a smile to my face in 140 characters or less…
- Arnold Schwarzenegger is now on Twitter. Huh.
- Ummm…at what point does a female celebrity baring her breasts considered NOT a big deal anymore? Some topless photos from Britney Spears’ video shoot for Gimme More were released last week, and they showed her with little paint covering her jiggly bits. Sure, she was going through her “unstable period” and everything, but are these pics really that big of a deal? What’s the difference between this NSFW pic of Britney in comparison to this NSFW one of Christina Aguilera or this NSFW one of P!nk?? I just think people need to chill out. I mean, they’re boobs…get over it…move on.
- Hey, here’s something I thought people might enjoy. It’s a video of the “100 Best Movie Lines in 200 Seconds”. I don’t know if I’d really consider EVERY line one of the best, but it is quite the list. And really…haven’t you got 200 seconds to spare?
Speaking of “moving on”, Adam Lambert officially came out in the latest edition of Rolling Stone magazine. So there you have it…he’s gay. Shocker, I know. So now can we all please MOVE ON WITH OUR LIVES??? I don’t think this should be a big deal, really. The guy can sing…the guy has been offered a chance to sing with Queen…the guy just signed a record contract…and the guy has millions of fans. The only reason to make a big deal about him being gay would be to discredit him or turn fans against him. Otherwise, it really should be a non-issue. Sometimes I really hate tabloids. At least Rolling Stone has a bit of credibility to it.
- Ummm…a group of people smashed the world record for “people dressed up as Smurfs”. Seriously.
- I absolutely love this new video from the Black Eyed Peas. And no…it’s not just because I get to see Fergie’s butt in a thong in the video (although it certainly doesn’t hurt…heh).
- I have absolutely no good reason for showing this picture other than it made me laugh today…
- Okay…call me a dork (although that would make T a dork, too), but this announcement by “Weird” Al Yankovic totally made my day. I’m just hoping I can find the time in my totally busy schedule next week to participate:
- Okay…ummm…I’m not much of a video game kinda guy. But I can’t lie…this promotional video for the latest Star Wars game TOTALLY got me a excited…in a naughty way:
- And finally, one more pic for no other reason than I like it…