I don’t really have a “normal” blog post today, so I thought I’d just jot down some notes on what’s going on in my life right now.
- It looks like Sunshine and I will be spending Christmas together. I’ll be driving up with Ankle Biter and spending Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with Sunshine and her two girls. Her girls go back to their dad around noon and then the three of us will head back to my parents’ house for the afternoon and Christmas dinner before heading back to my NEW home. In addition, we’re trying to work out the details of her and the girls spending New Year’s weekend with me and Ankle Biter. So yeah…it’s looking REALLY good right now.
- My daughter gave me a Christmas wish list that had “Money” as the first three items on the list. I’ve decided to find a package of “Monopoly money” and label it Open Me First…just as a gag gift. I mean really…at 12 years old do you really need money that badly?
- I got to have lunch with the folks yesterday and sign the mortgage documents that will finalize the purchase of my new house. The big thing, for me, is that my mom was doing really well. She was having “a good day”. Her leg is healing and she should be back on her cancer medication within the next week or so. The hope is that she’ll be limping around without crutches by Christmas.
- I lost six pounds in the last week, which is awesome because I gained six pounds during my week-long trip to Orlando a couple of weeks ago.
- I’ve been given a ton of new responsibilities at work in this past week…and I am LOVING it. I’m busy from morning ’til it’s time to leave and I couldn’t be happier. What’s better is that I can listen to music on my iPod while working (something I couldn’t do in my old position). I’ve got a TON of music so it’s a different playlist every day…it just depends on my mood.
- Speaking of music, Ankle Biter and I have really been bonding lately over one particular song. Y’see, I was tired of listening to Justin Bieber and Michael Jackson songs every time we were together, so I played one of my cd’s in the car for him one day and “No Sleep ‘Til Brooklyn” by the Beastie Boys came on. I told him it was “No Sleep ‘Til Bedtime” and it immediately garnered his attention. So now we’re ROCKING in the car together and he also loves the video. To hear him try to sing/rap the song is hilarious. I only wish it WAS “bedtime” instead of “Brooklyn”…it’ll probably traumatize him as he gets older (lol).
That’s all I got. Enjoy your Thursday!!