I didn’t want to write this post. I’m not even sure if I’ve sorted out my feelings on it all or not.
Bottom line? My mom’s cancer is worse. A lot worse.
Here’s the abbreviated version.
- Her brain tumor is fine (it’s actually smaller than it used to be a year ago).
- The tumors in her back don’t hurt her, so the doctors aren’t overly concerned about those at the moment.
- The leg that she broke and recently had to have a 2nd operation on (in order to insert a steel rod into her femur) is being attacked “aggressively” by cancer. The doctor apparently said it was the most vicious cancer he could remember seeing.
- She is confined to a wheelchair until sometime in January when she’ll get another operation on her leg.
- The thought is that they’ll replace the entire femur, her knee, and part of her lower leg…all with artificial steel parts. The hope is that they’ll beat the cancer to the lower part of her leg and head it off.
- If this doesn’t work? Things don’t look good.
But I’m not looking for sympathy. I just need to write this down, y’know? Do the “blogger thing” and sort through my feelings. The problem is that I don’t really know how I’m feeling yet. Thank goodness for Sunshine being there for me…she’s exactly what I need at a time like this.
Christmas will be fine. We’ll make it the best that we can…one day at a time.