So here’s the deal….I could go on and on about the things in my life that aren’t going as well as I’d like them to. Hell…that’s how I started blogging in the first place. But not today.
Today…as I sit back, relax, and wait for my folks to drop off Sunshine & her two girls for a week…I’m feeling fortunate.
- I’ve got a woman who loves me greater than I ever could have imagined a woman could ever love me.
- I’ve got a relationship with a son that is stronger than I ever thought could be…especially when he was a colicky baby an I was scared out of my mind and going through panic attacks. This kid, as he’s nearing four years of life on this planet, has changed my life and my outlook on life more than I could possibly describe in this post. This kid means the world to me.
- I’ve got a daughter who loves me, even if she doesn’t always show it. She has told me that she wants to move from Ontario to New Brunswick in order to be with me. And while it really may be more a “get away from mom and stepdad” than it is “be with daddy”, the fact that she even considers it a possibility really makes me feel like we’ve got a chance to have a stronger father/daughter relationship going forward.
- I’ve got a job. It’s not a great job pay-wise, but the benefits are great and the potential is there long-term to make something of myself an do something with my life. In this day and age of difficult times for many, I have to feel fortunate about not worrying about where my next paycheck will be coming from.
- I’ve got a good relationship with my family. My parents are tremendous…they really are. They have opened their home to Sunshine and her kids and I couldn’t be more thankful.
So yeah…there are definitely things going on in my life that suck. There are definitely issues that could cause me to have many a sleepless night. But at the end of the day, I’m spending one more week on vacation with MY family…and I need to push back any negativity and grab onto the good in my life.
I’m a fortunate man.