Sometimes I drift off at work a bit. It’s not like I actually fall asleep or anything…I just let my mind wander. But sometimes on a break or during lunch I’ll hear or read something online that sticks with me.
What I usually do is just jot something down and then finish these thoughts once I’m home. Yesterday I was in not one boring meeting but TWO…hence I had some time to throw some random thoughts on paper.
And for whatever reason, people seem to enjoy my random take on the world…
1. Last weekend was extremely busy. With two nights spent with both Sunshine & the girls plus a movie out as a family plus friends coming over on Saturday night plus a birthday party on Sunday afternoon…my time spent with Sunshine seemed a bit rushed at times. I certainly don’t want to sound like I’m complaining, though…I love her girls and our friends are awesome people to hang out and talk to. I’m just looking forward to a slightly quieter weekend with Sunshine next weekend. Maybe a coffee date with a friend and maybe a hike or two…but other than that, just relaxing with my gal. I think we’ve earned it.
2. I’m developing a strange crush on Kate Gosselin. I know I know…she’s insane and a fame-monger and a total bitch (if you believe the tabloids), but her most recent make-over has finally won me over. I haven’t even watched her on DWTS but from what I’ve read she was absolutely terrible…and that’s okay with me. I don’t know if she’s deserving of being entered into my “Top 5″ list or anything, but I certainly have a crush on the woman. Maybe that’d go away if she opened her mouth, I dunno. So yeah…Kate, just stand there and shut-up. That’ll TOTALLY do it for me.
3. I’m an addict. It’s just a part of my personality. I was addicted to smoking…I’m addicted to cola…I’m addicted to food. I kicked the first habit but I’m having an extremely difficult time kicking the other two. After losing 12 pounds on my last “Biggest Loser” kick, I’ve since gained 7 pounds back (!!) and am really unhappy with my lack of motivation. So I’m starting up another “Biggest Loser” contest at work that begins on May 5th, and this time around I’m planning on going hardcore (for me, anyway). I mean, I did the whole “lifestyle change” thing and it worked a bit…but just never took. I’m hoping to get into good eating & exercise habits to the point that they become routine and not just easily dismissed after having a good week. I know Sunshine isn’t too keen on me trying an actual “diet” (at all…she feels it sucks and I shouldn’t be upset with losing 1-2 lbs per week), but I just feel it’s something I need to try. I feel as though I owe it to myself because I’ve never really REALLY tried to lose weight before (other than the weeks leading up to my wedding, but that whole episode of my life has been deleted from my memory). So I’ll be keeping track again on my blog because I really feel like I need the motivation of telling the world where I’m at…and that can be quite motivational. We’ll see what happens. Hell…I might even change my mind after a week. Who knows?
4. I want to own Avatar on DVD, but yet I *don’t* want to own Avatar on DVD. The mass appeal of this movie were the 3D effects, which were spectacular. The entire movie came to life on the big screen…it was an incredible visual experience even though the movie itself was just okay. So for as much as I enjoyed it sitting in an IMAX theatre, I’m wondering if it’s worth spending $25 just to watch on my 25″ television at home. Hmmm…
5. Ankle Biter’s potty training is going extremely well. Maybe it’s because the ex and I waited until he was a bit older (he’s 3 1/2 now), but the number of accidents have been a LOT less than I had initially anticipated. He’s going on Week #4 and is doing great. Other than an extremely unfortunate incident from two weekends ago (**shudder**), he’s been nothing but perfect with me so I’m really hoping for a great experience this weekend. I’m planning on going to a playground or two and taking him outside on his bicycle (weather permitting, obviously) and driving to see his grandparents, so my hope is that we go the weekend “accident free”. I guess only time will tell…but my fingers are crossed!
6. I might be getting an offer on my house today! I’ve only shown the house three times in three months, but the third time was a second viewing for a couple and my realtor is expecting good news. Of course, my father and I aren’t getting too excited as it might be a low-ball offer…but at least there’s a tiny bit of interest.
7. How paycheck-to-paycheck am I living? Well…$600 would clear me of immediate bill-collector debt and I can’t seem to find a way to get that taken care of. How sad is that?? I mean, I’m in a pretty good position overall…I only owe $300 on my credit card and other than my house and my car and my monthly bills, I’m only $600 in the hole. You’d think that’s an AWESOME position to be in, considering where the economy is right now. But I’m broke ALL the time and I’m always scraping by. At this stage, I’m totally willing to even sell advertising space on my blog (seriously…email me if you’re interested). Hell…if I thought I could make money selling sperm or by donating blood, I’d do it. It just sucks to be SOOOOO close to being debt-free, y’know? Bah.