- Looking forward to another awesome weekend with Ankle Biter. I put up an empty Christmas tree yesterday (what…too soon?) and I’m really looking forward to decorating it with him tonight. The neighbors across the street (the ones who went all ape-shit at Halloween) already have Christmas lights up on their house, so I’m anticipating him being excited about decorations and Christmas in general. He’s already saying, “ho ho ho” but I’m not sure if he’s aware of the whole Santa Claus thing yet. He’s three, so I’m sure it’s coming.
- Adam Lambert is all over the place lately.
And much like, say, Amy Winehouse…he’s not in the news for his music. And to me, that’s the biggest shame. He says that he didn’t want to offend anybody. Bullshit. He wanted to make a spectacle of himself and be as outlandish and outrageous as he possibly could be. Well guess what, Adam? It worked. Now EVERYBODY is talking about you…only it’s not all positive. And to suggest it’s discrimination is just silly. You acted like a tool; you’re being treated like a tool. It’s too bad that right out of the gate you’ve decided to make your music take backstage, because that’s the reason you were popular to begin with. I predict that unless some major damage control is done, you’ll be performing alongside Justin Guarini & Fantasia very, very soon.
- There’s a slight possibility that Rugrat might not come to visit me over the holidays. At this point, her mom hasn’t scheduled a flight yet and is complaining about lack of money. I can’t give her too hard a time because I’m in a very similar financial situation. But still…I’m hoping something changes and FAST.
- What Christmas present do you buy the parent that buys themselves everything they want and/or need? I’ve done the whole “picture of the family” thing for two years running now…so that tank is empty. Dang.
- I haven’t watched Sex Rehab yet, but I’m eerily drawn towards it. I’m sure it’s terrible, but I’m a sucker for train-wreck reality television.
- Is it wrong that I’ve made the occassional marriage reference to Sunshine over the past couple of weeks? I mean, it’s not like I’ll be asking any time soon (living in the same city might be a step in that direction, though)…but I’m just so confident that I’ve found “the one” that I like to drop a wedding reference or two here and there. Is that fair to her? Should I just not say anything at all? I told myself I’d never get married again. I’ve since learned that you never say never.