Sometimes I drift off at work a bit. It’s not like I actually fall asleep or anything…I just let my mind wander. But sometimes on a break or during lunch I’ll hear or read something online that sticks with me.
Today was “Day One” of me taking part in three days of training. It’s nothing work-specific…rather it’s problem solving and decision making and change management and blah blah blah.
So what I usually do with one of these “Confessions” posts is just jot something down and then finish the thoughts once I’m home. And for whatever reason, people seem to enjoy my random take on the world…
- 8:35am — They’re serving muffin tops as a snack. Yes…muffin tops. What the effin’ crap?? Is this suddenly an episode of Seinfeld now? Seriously…I don’t ever remember seeing muffin tops offered as an actual edible item.
9:02am – It’s been a couple of days but people are still yackin’ away about the Pittsburgh Penguins winning the Stanley Cup over the weekend. I know this may be blasphemy, but I’m just not much of a hockey fan…I never have been. I’m a DEVOUT NFL fan…I’m all about my 12pm to 12am Sundays during football season. But that’s about it. Hell…I can’t even watch the CFL. I’m just totally un-Canadian, I guess. But hey…at least I enjoy Tim Horton’s, back-bacon, & beer. That should count for something, right?
- 10:36am — Chr*st on a cracker it’s frickin’ cold in this room!!! I know in a room of 20+ people that you want them to stay awake for days like this…days that can drag on and on and on…but I’m frickin’ freezing in here.
- 11:14am — Just spent 25 minutes doing a group case study. There are four groups in this class. When the four groups came back with three different answers, the faciliatator responded with, “You’re all correct.” BAH~!!! That’s such a cop-out!!!
- 11:46am — Of course I’m thinking about Sunshine. How can I not? Have you SEEN this picture???
- 12:30pm — Just finished lunch. It looked like dog food…the “good stuff”…honestly. Luckily, it didn’t taste like dog food and wasn’t too bad at all. One of the people sitting at my table is originally from Lagos City, Nigeria. Super nice guy. Got nothing else to say about him. Just thought I’d pass that along.
- 2:14pm — It’s scary how sometimes a generic topic like “open discussion in the workplace” can turn into something like “social media and how it’s affecting Iran“. Not bad scary, just weird scary. What the hell kind of course is this??
- 2:45pm — I wonder how Morgan is doing? I actually had last Friday off and watched her wedding (along with Sunshine and a number of other online attendees) to Man in Kentucky. So here it is…a few days later…and I just wonder if she’s happier than I was at Day Four of my marriage (lol). Of course, I also think about Sunshine…ahhh the future. It’s so mysterious.
- 4:13pm — In a discussion about the English language, it moved from how “an official word counting organization” recently defined the “official” millionth word (it’s Web 2.0, by the way) to how people more and more are now referring to the urban dictionary for definitions to how kids texting acronyms to each other are ruining their ability to spell properly. ”No worries,” the instructor said. “The kids are just going though a bad spell.” GROAN…
Well…that’s the end of Day One. Boy, can’t wait for Day Two. Giddy up!