Okay…I can now freely admit it: I’m addicted to Twitter. I don’t 100% understand how people claim to be able to make a ton of money using it…and I really don’t appreciate them telling me how to write my blog…
At the end of the day, the thing that brings me back multiple times every single day is clicking on random links and reading and/or seeing things I’d otherwise never get a chance to read and/or see. In addition, I find myself easily keeping up-to-date on the lives of some of my favorite fellow bloggers.
Alright…everybody ready? Good…’cause it’s once again time to check out my weekly Twitter Tales:
- I think the biggest Twitter story this week had to involve @aplusk (again). Y’see, Mr. Demi Moore had promised the world that he would (in addition to donating $100,000 to help solve Africa’s malaria problem) “Ding Dong Ditch” Ted Turner’s house if he won that whole “Ashton vs. CNN to a million” challenge thing on Twitter. Wait…you’ve never heard of a “Ding Dong Ditch“? Well it’s simple, really. It’s when you go to somebody’s house…ring their doorbell (i.e. “Ding Dong”)…and run like hell (i.e. “Ditch”). The problem was that Ted Turner was no longer affiliated with CNN and his house was inaccessible. So what did Ashton do? He gathered his minions and went to Ted’s Montana Grill, which is a restaurant named after Turner. He then stacked up hundreds of boxes of Ding Dongs in front of the restaurant (approx. 9,500 of them in total), then his “tweepers” each banged a bronze bell, which was located out front. He then made his way down to the CNN building, where his decided to pull a prank that only he could pull. Mission: accomplished.
So the big American Idol finale will see Kris take on Adam. Really? Meh. I just don’t “get” Adam. Yeah…he’s cool, he’s good looking in an androgenous kind of way, and he can sing his ass off…but his dog-howling high notes just don’t do it for me. He’s definitely the one with the most “star power” and he’s been the front-runner from the beginning, but my pick from the first time I heard him was Danny Gokey. And with the exception of “that note” a couple of weeks ago, Danny has been the most consistent (although probably the most unmemorable) contestants the show has ever had. And I absolutely HAD to agree with Haley from Cheaty Monkey when she blamed Paula for Danny’s loss. I mean, I absolutely LOVE Terence Trent D’Arby…but “Dance Little Sister” was just a bad song for Danny to sing. What about “Wishing Well“? ”If You Let Me Stay” (my personal favorite)? Hell…Danny could have kicked ass doing “She Kissed Me“. I hope Paula doesn’t return next year. She’s just dragging the show down and is the main reason I want to turn the TV off every time I watch it. On top of that, I now firmly believe that she’s the primary reason Danny’s out of the finals. BAH~!!
- Funny enough, I was just thinking this the other day: if I exposed myself to somebody, I’d probably get arrested. Well…I’d get arrested after the laughter ended. Apparently, that’s not the case for Redneck Mommy:
- And just when I thought I could come up with a great smart-ass answer, ImACutieFace beat me to it with a killer comeback:
OMG…Kris Williams from Ghost Hunters is now on Twitter. I would TOTALLY follow her into a haunted house. Hell…I’d follow her into a LOT of places. Heh. Even if I hated that show (which I totally don’t, it’s one of my faves), she would get me to watch each and every week. **SWOON**
- How’s this for awesome? TWEETS FROM SPACE!!! NASA is now on Twitter and Mike Massimino officially became the first astronaut to tweet from space. It’s very cool to read, actually…as Mike has been keeping everybody up-to-date on preparations for the latest mission and is now providing tweets from the space shuttle. You want to talk about the power of a new social media? It doesn’t get much more powerful than this:
- One of my all-time guilty pleasures, “Weird Al” Yankovic, is now on Twitter and gaining followers fast. He even noted his growing popularity as only he can:
- There are two people on Twitter who could really use some moral support right now: Nikki and Christeen. Why, you ask? Because in addition to Alaina, these are two bloggers who are apparently trying to quit smoking. I’ve got a bit of experience in that department so I’m really rooting for these two. It’s hard…it’s REALLY difficult…but when you have extra cash on hand, you don’t stink, and you know you’ll live a bit longer to enjoy the life of your children…well, it’s not that hard of a decision to make. Don’t let the tough times get you down!!
- Pic of the week, courtesy of Jchawes:
- Some of you might remember that kid who did that hand-thingy video to Daft Punk’s “Harder Better Faster Stronger”. If you don’t, go here…you won’t be disappointed. Anyhoo, turns out that this song is quite popular among the artistically inclined because the following video popped up thanks to PricelessPics. This was pretty cool, I thought…
- And to finish things off, I simply had to post a video that Dana Goldman from B*tch Pleaz tweeted about this week: a performance from the 2009 Miss Pole Dance world championships. Don’t worry, there’s no nudity…but I gotta completley honest, it’s one of the most impressive physical performances I’ve seen anybody do in a very long time.
Hey…if you’re not following any of these people, YOU SHOULD!! And if you know of anybody that deserves to be recognized next week and followed (or if you see a great tweet and just want to share), drop me an email or tweet and let me know. Twitter is all about expanding horizons, people!